I know. IknowIknowIknowIknowIknowIknowIKNOW!
I’m sorry. I suck.
But life gets in the way. And life is real, just as I hope this blog has always been. Me likes to keep it real.
So here’s what’s been going on. I’ll try to keep it brief by using bullet points. Otherwise, we’ll be here all day.
And so it begins…..
- New job. Whoa. Hm. I’ll try to explain. Joined at a VERY busy time for the department and jumped in, swimming. Then two weeks later, my boss is no longer with the organization. And then it was just me, drowning. But I’m treading water now, catching my breath. Things are getting there.
- Ten of the 12 weeks I’ve been working like a crazy person? The Candyman and I have either been out of town, or had someone staying in our house.
- My dad turned SEVENTY!
- The Candyman turned THIRTY-EIGHT!
- TruLu Couture is in a retail location, Lineage Bridal.
Fun shoes at the Lineage Bridal grand opening.
- We’re house hunting. This activity is inserted into random chunks of time.
- We finally launched Charlotte’s CRAVE book, of which I was the city partner for several months.
- I’ve reached maximum density and have decided it’s time to move my ass versus sit on it.
Late night cupcakes for the new septuagenarian and father to T30SB.
The new day gig took me on a trip to L.A. last week (hence the radio silence) and while my days were packed with people trying to sell me things, I had the opportunity to take part in a few of my favorite things about Los Angeles:
Lindbrook Drive & Westwood Boulevard, Westwood Village, California
- Morning runs to the beach.
- Dinner in Westwood with an old friend.
Some place tapas, Santa Monica, California.
- Dinner in Santa Monica with a new friend.
Santa Monica Pier, California
- Beach air.
- The San Fernando Valley.
Early morning, El Segundo, California.
Mingled somewhere in there was a day spent tossing my cookies (no, not preggers) and having a giant ass anxiety attack.
You think I got off, scot-free? Unscathed from life altering events? Fuck no, dudettes. I crumpled, in true form. It was so typical of me and I was so unimpressed with my behavior. I took on too much, again. I let shit get to me again. I took it out on The Candyman again.
They say learning is a process. They also say that repeating a certain behavior over and over and expecting a different result is a form of insanity. Sometimes I get the two confused. They’re hard to tell apart.
Home, sweet home. Dawn, the Charlotte Airport. Red-eye flights blow.
I feel the need for a spa day something awful! Who wants to join me?